Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Kalyani's Blog!

.........................Come with me on this fun trip of 23 things.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 17: Online Productivity Tool!

Give a review of the tool you explored - what worked, what didn't work, how might it be used in your personal or professional life?
I'm not too sure of using many of this tools...hassle to keep up with IDs/ Passwords.
There are some tools which might be useful but personally I thought there more of same tools with little variations.
I explored 30 Boxes..found it nothing different from all other calendars.
I liked the Library Thing: I love reading and this is a good tool. LibraryThing is a cataloging and social networking site for book lovers. LibraryThing helps you:

•Keep track of the books in your life
◦Books you own
◦Books you've read
◦Books you'd like to read
◦Wishlist
◦Favorites
You can read reader's comments, top rated books and so on.
Trailfair: I feel I might use this more than any other tools given. This is a tool to create a list of related sites. I liked the hot list...there was trail by someone on travelling to different countries. This trail not only shared websites on the destination but alson gave websites on cheap deals for flights! It is easy to use.

2 comments:

  1. Could create a wiki book review site and then link it to the library tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about a site called shelfari. [www.shelfari.com]. It combines social networking with a love of books allowing people to share reviews and even swap books for free! As an avid reader I plan on creating a profile, today. Hopefully you'll find it useful, too!

    ReplyDelete