Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Kalyani's Blog!

.........................Come with me on this fun trip of 23 things.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 15: RSS Feed Revisied!

Is RSS becoming easier to understand?
Yes, it is becoming easier to use and I'm feeling comfortable to use it.
Do you recognize new benefits of using this tool?
Typically, RSS feeds contain news headlines and content summaries. The content summaries contain just enough information without overwhelming with superfluous details. If interested and want additional information I can click on the item in the feed, accessing the website which contains additional details. As a RSS reader, I can aggregate multiple feeds, making it easy to quickly scan information contained within each feed.
The big benefit to RSS is that I opt-in to content of interest, totally controlling the flow of information that I receive. If the quality of the content in the feed declines, I simply remove the feed from their RSS reader and then I will not receive any additional updates from that source...very cool!

Do you remember to check your feeds regularly? Has it become a habit (or obsession!) yet?
I have to admit that I forgot all about my Blogline after Thing 5! Great strategic placement of Thing 15...got me back on RSS and I believe this time around I have become more comfortable using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment